Diving into Human Factors Workshop
Human Factors is about designing tools, tasks, processes, environments and systems to help drive optimal human performance. A better understanding of how people interact, problem solve, make decisions, and perform with varying expertise is essential for safe and effective care.
This interactive skill-building workshop will focus on human factors principles and safety approaches including heuristic analysis, task analysis, usability testing, and the hierarchy of effectiveness. Participants will learn how to apply human factors principles and tools that can be used to help make healthcare safer to deliver quality patient care.
At the end of this workshop, learners will:
- Describe the science of human factors
- Apply human factors tools and skills in healthcare contexts
- Understand and apply heuristic analysis
- Complete a task analysis for usability testing
- Utilize the hierarchy of effectiveness to develop meaningful recommendations.
Event Date and Time
February 29, 2024 | 0900 – 1600
Health Quality BC