The objective of this 1.5-hour capacity building webinar on September 14, 2023, was to learn about improving meeting facilitation. A Meeting Facilitation Skill Sheet was co-developed by CATs, which provides helpful step by step activities and resources, such as:
- Developing and following an agenda,
- Planning group engagement activities,
- Creating a safe space and de-escalating conflict,
- Implementing group meeting guidelines,
- Effective meeting follow up.
The webinar highlights experiences of the CATs while going over the skill sheet, with small group discussions.
Small Group Discussion Notes – September 14, 2023
- Describe what has made a well-planned CAT meeting. What were the agenda items? What do you want to see more of?
- Safety & Fostering Security for all CAT members: what I see, what I’m concerned about, and what I want.