This award was formally named “Coping with End of Life”. Our Excellence in Quality category names changed in 2020 to reflect the updates to our BC Health Quality Matrix. Visit our Categories and Criteria page to find out more.
- Marianna Leung – Pharmacist
- Michaela Leicht – Social Worker
- Julie-Anne Grose – Social Worker
- Lawrence Cheung – Pastoral Care
- Veo Bunderla – Nurse Educator
- Stan Marchuk – Nurse Practitioner
- Dr. Clifford Chan-Yan – Nephrologist
- Dr. Ron Werb – Nephrologist
- Dr. Beverly Jung – Nephrologist
- Wallace Robinson – Project Leader
- Michele Trask – Operations Leader
- Warren Hart – Program Director
Contact: Warren Hart, Director, Renal Program, Providence Health Care Renal Program, Providence Health Care, firstname.lastname@example.org
Description: Implementation of a systematic approach to compassionate end of life care for patients of the Renal Program at Providence Health Care. The program has demonstrated reduced chronicity and severity of symptoms, including pain, depression and anxiety for palliative patients.
Nominated by: Dr. David W. Byres, Vice President Acute Clinical Programs, Providence Health Care, Providence Health Care